Sheds and galleries
Rockfall sheds using TechSpan® precast arches, and TechBox™ precast boxes is gaining popularity with engineers. Adjoining retaining walls built within narrow excavation limits are often designed using TechWall™ or T-Wall®.
Terre Armée’s passive rockfall protection barriers are made of metallic, non-metallic and/or composite materials. It is primarily applied to arrest and catch rocks, boulders, shooting stones or debris that can be flowing or falling due to natural causes. The rockfall protection barrier is a support solution allowing to hold these disintegrating and falling elements, subsequently avoiding damages to infrastructure and preventing disruptions such as traffic blockages. It has an ability to withstand energy impacts typically up to 5000KJ.
Terre Armée’s passive rockfall protection barrier can be used as an efficient alternative to more traditional and costly mitigation measures and presents many benefits:
- Cost efficient compared to similar rigid barriers
- Effective for confined and open channels
- Easy clean out and maintenance
- Does not affect sediment flow under non-event conditions
- Low aesthetic impact on landscape
Active rockfall protection
Terre Armée companies also design engineered solutions and supply materials for the construction of active protection using our wire mesh protective netting solution in combination with TerraNail™ soil nails and TerraAnchor™ soil anchors. Our protective netting solution consists of either high-tensile nets (grade > 800MPa) or generic products like gabion mesh or welded wire mesh.
Terre Armée also provides drapery rockfall protection solutions. It is a flexible membrane that supports superficial pressure generated by the potential unstable ground mass or debris flow, categorised in two types:
- High tensile mesh made of coated wires having minimum tensile strength of 1770MPa
- Rectangular mesh made of coated wires having minimum tensile strength of 400 MPa. These are available in different diameters and mesh strengths depending on the geology and geometry of the slope to be protected.
Our solutions are proven to be:
- Easy and rapid to install
- Sustainable with high safety standard
- Highly durable